Sunday, August 24, 2008

Time Zones

Okay I'm back sooner rather than later. But it's less than half an hour later so it doesn't really count.

One side effect of moving around is changing time zones all the time! I want things recorded in the local time, with a note about the time zone I was in at the time I recorded them!

When I change the time zone in my Google Calendar it adjusts all the meeting times. And in my last post, I noticed it had posted in Arizona time so I changed my settings to Eastern time. All the posts I'd written in Baltimore were restored to Eastern time, but the one post I'd written in Arizona is now in Eastern time too. Yeah, great, I know what time it was in "real time" but I feel like it is more meaningful to know what time it was when the story was written in local time. Especially when I post at ridiculous hours like in the wee hours of the night or first thing in the morning.

Well I will figure out a way around this, even if it means writing in my own time stamp at the end of every post. Or maybe I will lose my attachment to local time in favor of real time. Only time will tell.

Written on Sunday, August 24, 2008 in Cambridge, Massachusetts at 11:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

No comments: